Tap the F2 key to enter System Setup when the Dell logo appears. If you have trouble entering Setup using this method, press F2 when the keyboard LEDs first flash. Try not to hold down the F2 key as this can sometimes be interpreted as a stuck key by the system.
How do I get into Dell BIOS?
To access BIOS or System Setup on a Dell computer: Press F2 key several times at the Dell logo screen during startup. Press F12 key several times at the Dell logo screen during startup and select BIOS Setup or System Setup from the menu.
How can I enter BIOS if F2 key is not working?
F2 key pressed at the wrong time
- Make sure the system is off, and not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.
- Press the power button and hold it down for three seconds and release it. The power button menu should display. …
- Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup.
Power the computer off. Power the computer on and, at the Dell logo screen, tap the F12 function key rapidly until you see Preparing one-time boot menu appear in the top right corner of the screen.
How do I start Windows in BIOS mode?
1. Navigate to settings.
- Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
- Select Update & security.
- Select Recovery from the left menu.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. …
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings. …
- Click Restart.
29 апр. 2019 г.
What is the BIOS key for Dell?
Tap the F2 key to enter System Setup when the Dell logo appears. If you have trouble entering Setup using this method, press F2 when the keyboard LEDs first flash. Try not to hold down the F2 key, as this can sometimes be interpreted as a stuck key by the system.
How do I check my BIOS settings?
Find the current BIOS version
Turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens. Press F10 to open the BIOS Setup Utility. Select the File tab, use the down arrow to select System Information, and then press Enter to locate the BIOS revision (version) and date.
How do I enter BIOS if my keyboard is not working?
Wireless keyboards don’t work outside of windows to access the bios. The wired USB keyboard should help you access the bios without hassles. You don’t need to enable the USB ports to access the bios. Pressing F10 as soon as you power on the computer should help you access the bios.
How do I fix BIOS not booting?
If you cannot enter the BIOS setup during boot, follow these steps to clear the CMOS:
- Turn off all peripheral devices connected to the computer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the AC power source.
- Remove the computer cover.
- Find the battery on the board. …
- Wait one hour, then reconnect the battery.
Why is my BIOS not showing up?
You may have selected the quick boot or the boot logo settings accidentally, which replaces the BIOS display to make the system boot faster. I’d most probably try to clear the CMOS battery (removing it and then putting it back in).
How do I force BIOS?
If you can’t use a BIOS key and you have Windows 10, you can use the “Advanced startup” feature to get there.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Click Update & Security.
- Select Recovery in the left pane.
- Click Restart now under the Advanced startup header.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click UEFI Firmware Settings.
16 авг. 2018 г.
How do I select boot option on Dell laptop?
Dell Phoenix BIOS
- Boot mode should be selected as UEFI (Not Legacy)
- Secure Boot set to Off. …
- Go to the ‘Boot’ tab in the BIOS and select Add Boot option. ( …
- A new window will appear with ‘blank’ boot option name. ( …
- Name it “CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive” …
- Press < F10 > key to save settings and restart.
- The system will restart.
21 февр. 2021 г.
All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC. Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options. Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”. Windows will automatically start in advanced boot options after a short delay.
How do I access my BIOS Windows 10?
On Windows 7, 8, or 10, hit Windows+R, type “msinfo32” into the Run box, and then hit Enter. The BIOS version number is displayed on the System Summary pane.
Should UEFI boot be enabled?
Many computers with UEFI firmware will allow you to enable a legacy BIOS compatibility mode. In this mode, the UEFI firmware functions as a standard BIOS instead of UEFI firmware. … If your PC has this option, you’ll find it in the UEFI settings screen. You should only enable this if necessary.
What is the UEFI boot mode?
UEFI is essentially a tiny operating system that runs on top of the PC’s firmware, and it can do a lot more than a BIOS. It may be stored in flash memory on the motherboard, or it may be loaded from a hard drive or network share at boot. Advertisement. Different PCs with UEFI will have different interfaces and features …