How do I reset my MacBook pro to factory settings without admin password?
How to Reset MacBook Pro to Factory Settings without Password
- Click the Apple logo at the top left of the screen and select Restart.
- Immediately hold down the Command + R keys until you see an Apple logo or spinning globe.
- It will take a while for the Mac to start up in this mode.
- You may see a screen asking you to choose a language.
What if you forgot your administrator password Mac?
Here’s how to do that:
- Restart your Mac. …
- While it is restarting, press and hold the Command + R keys until you see the Apple logo. …
- Go to the Apple Menu at the top and click Utilities. …
- Then click Terminal.
- Type “resetpassword” in the terminal window. …
- Then hit Enter. …
- Type your password and a hint. …
- Finally, click Restart.
How do I find my administrator name and password for Mac?
Mac OS X
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Users & Groups icon.
- On the left side of window that opens, locate your account name in the list. If the word Admin is immediately below your account name, then you are an administrator on this machine.
How do you factory reset a locked MacBook?
How to Factory Reset: MacBook
- Restart your computer: hold the power button > select Restart when it appears.
- While the computer restarts, hold down the ‘Command’ and ‘R’ keys.
- Once you see the Apple logo appear, release the ‘Command and R keys’
- When you see a Recovery Mode menu, select Disk Utility.
How do I unlock a stolen MacBook Pro?
First, sign into the icloud.com/find and then search for your Mac on the Devices menu. Once you find it, all you have to do is click on the Unlock option. You will be prompted to add in the passcode that you received earlier, and you will also have to follow a series of steps to verify your identity.
How do I reset my MacBook Air to factory settings 2015?
How to Reset MacBook Air: Performing a Factory Reset
- Click Disk Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click View > Show All Devices.
- Select your hard drive (e.g. “APPLE SSD”) and click Erase.
- In the Format field, choose the APFS option if you’re running macOS High Sierra or later. …
- Click Erase.
How do I recover my administrator account on Mac?
How to quickly restore a missing admin account in OS X
- Reboot into Single User Mode. Restart your computer while holding the Command and S keys, which will drop you to a terminal command prompt. …
- Set the file system to be writable. …
- Recreate the account.
How do you remove administrator password on Mac?
How to turn off the password on your Mac computer
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences.” …
- Select “Security and Privacy.” …
- Untick the box labeled “Requires Password.” …
- Enter your Mac’s password in the pop-up window. …
- Confirm your choice by clicking “Turn off screen lock.”
How do I reset the administrator name on my Mac?
Changing Admin Full Name
- Go to the Apple menu in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on System Preferences.
- Click on Users & Groups.
- Click the Padlock symbol on the lower left-hand corner of this dialogue box.
- Enter the Username and Password.
- Control Click on the name you wish to change.
- Click Advanced Options.
How do I find out what my administrator password is?
Windows 10 and Windows 8. x
- Press Win-r . In the dialog box, type compmgmt. msc , and then press Enter .
- Expand Local Users and Groups and select the Users folder.
- Right-click the Administrator account and select Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the task.
How do I recover my administrator password?
Reset password from another Administrator account:
- Log on to Windows by using an Administrator account that has a password that you remember. …
- Click Start.
- Click Run.
- In the Open box, type “control userpasswords2″.
- Click Ok.
- Click the user account that you forgot the password for.
- Click Reset Password.
How do I change administrator name and password on Mac?
How to change Mac username
- Open System Preferences.
- Users & Groups.
- Click unlock and enter your password.
- Now Control-click or right-click the user that you want to rename.
- Choose Advanced.
- Change the name in the full name field.
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
Can a locked Mac be unlocked?
After you locate your Mac, you can unlock it with your passcode on iCloud.com. Make sure to use the passcode that you created when you locked it with Find My, not your device passcode. … After you follow the steps to verify your identity, you’ll see the passcode that you need to unlock your Mac.
How do you unlock a Mac without the password?
With your Mac now in Recovery Mode, click on Utilities in the menu bar followed by Terminal. A new window will show up, waiting for you to enter a command. Type “resetpassword” as one word, without the quotes, and press Return. Close the Terminal window, where you will then find the Reset Password tool.
How do you hard reset a MacBook pro?
Press and hold down the Command (⌘) and Control (Ctrl) keys along with the power button (or the Touch ID / Eject button, depending on the Mac model) until the screen goes blank and the machine restarts.